Pres. Obama declares H1N1 a national emergency
WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama has declared the swine flu outbreak a national emergency.
The White House on Saturday said Obama signed a proclamation that would allow medical officials to bypass certain federal requirements. Officials described the move as similar to a declaration ahead of a hurricane making landfall.
Swine flu is more widespread now than it’s ever been and has resulted in more than 1,000 U.S. deaths so far.
Health authorities say almost 100 children have died from the flu, known as H1N1, and 46 states now have widespread flu activity.
The White House said Obama signed the declaration on Friday evening.
No comments yet.
- Coed naglabas ng Powerpoint na may temang ‘Why You Should Date Me’
- Lola at apo, sabay na nagtapos sa junior high school
- US, nagpa-ulan ng Tomahawk cruise missile sa Syria
- Batangas, state of calamity dahil sa lindol
- Walang ‘summer’ sa Pinas?
- 12-year-old boy in police uniform, under custody for extortion?
- Mamasapano full report – DoJ
- How to identify fake eggs?
- FULL TEXT: VP Binay speech
- Daan-libong puno, naitanim sa KBP Broadcastreeing 2014
- Gilas, muntik manalo sa power house na Croatia, 78-81
- Lolo, kakasuhan dahil sa ice bucket challenge?