Statement of President Aquino on the release of the IIRC Report, September 20, 2010
His Excellency BENIGNO S. AQUINO III
President of the Philippines
On the release of the IIRC Report
[September 20, 2010]
I would like to thank Secretary de Lima and the members of the IIRC for the comprehensive work they have done. Our people have witnessed their diligence and perseverance to ferret out all the relevant facts, despite tremendous public pressure and time constraints.
This morning, we sent a copy of the report to the Chinese ambassador. Now I am authorizing the release of IIRC’s findings of fact to the public, in fulfillment of our administration’s commitment to transparency. It will be published online in the Official Gazette.
The report is recommendatory in nature. I have forwarded it, and its recommendations, to a legal team composed of the Executive Secretary and the Chief Presidential Legal Counsel to make a thorough review of the IIRC’s recommendations.
As I am now leaving on an important mission, I want to emphasize that I do not want make decisions regarding such important matters without a thorough review. I will study their findings upon my return, and decide accordingly.
I will release the committee’s recommendations alongside the legal team’s evaluation and recommended course of action at that time.
We are committed to implementing the necessary changes to upgrade the capabilities of our local government units, police and security forces, to ensure the safety of the public. We have also been working to review and improve our procedures and protocols for emergency and crisis situations and a draft of a new crisis management manual is now being prepared. This report represents a significant and necessary step in this process.
No comments yet.
- 12-year-old boy in police uniform, under custody for extortion?
- Mamasapano full report – DoJ
- How to identify fake eggs?
- FULL TEXT: VP Binay speech
- Daan-libong puno, naitanim sa KBP Broadcastreeing 2014
- Gilas, muntik manalo sa power house na Croatia, 78-81
- Lolo, kakasuhan dahil sa ice bucket challenge?
- Pinoys, nakikipagbakbakan sa Golan Heights
- Paul Walker, pararangalan sa PH Congress
- Tsunami alert, ‘di dinadaan sa text – Phivolcs
- Delubyo sa Metro
- Closing Argument (Prosec)