Disbarment case filed vs boxing mayor
A disbarment case was filed by the Sheriffs league in the country against Davao City boxing mayor Sarah Duterte.
In a five-page Complaint Affidavit for Disbarment, the Sheriffs Confederation of the Philippines (SCOPHIL) led by Patermoscio Labayani, Roberto Galing and Fernando Regino asked the Supreme Court (SC) to order the ouster of Duterte as a lawyer for assaulting Davao Sheriff Abe Andres while acting on lawful orders from the court for demolition of houses in the said city.
They stated that Duterte is not an ordinary mayor, she is a lawyer and an eminent member of the bar, hence,”she is an officer of the court.”
It stated that the violent attack happened to Sheriff Andres while performing his official duties relative to the implementation of the Writ of Demolition dated 22 June 2011 issued by Judge Emmanuel Carpio of Davao City.
It is clear in the video footages of television networks the Andres was summoned by Duterte to come near and when he did he was punched four times in the face.
In the aftermath, Duterte showed no remorse and worse she even blamed the sheriff for acting on the court’s lawful order.
With this, she was charged for violation of the Code of Professional Responsibility particularly Canon 1 and 11.
Canon 1 states “A lawyer shall uphold the constitution, obey the laws of the land and promote respect for law and legal processes.”
Canon 11 states “A lawyer shall at all times uphold the integrity and dignity of the legal profession and support the activities of the integrated bar.”
They pointed out that the arrogance of Duterte cannot turn a blind eye to them and must be punished.
“As officers of the court, we cannot just sit idly by and watch arrogant public officials like Mayor Duterte, make a mockery of the court’s writ and processes. Otherwise, court proceedings would be farce and the enforcement of final decisions a delusion,” it avers.
No comments yet.
- Coed naglabas ng Powerpoint na may temang ‘Why You Should Date Me’
- Lola at apo, sabay na nagtapos sa junior high school
- US, nagpa-ulan ng Tomahawk cruise missile sa Syria
- Batangas, state of calamity dahil sa lindol
- Walang ‘summer’ sa Pinas?
- 12-year-old boy in police uniform, under custody for extortion?
- Mamasapano full report – DoJ
- How to identify fake eggs?
- FULL TEXT: VP Binay speech
- Daan-libong puno, naitanim sa KBP Broadcastreeing 2014
- Gilas, muntik manalo sa power house na Croatia, 78-81
- Lolo, kakasuhan dahil sa ice bucket challenge?